Saturday, 8 October 2016

Bengali Style dam alu or doi posto alur dom

Subho Mahasaptami peeps,
                                        Today one of my friends said that there are some moments when I feel special to be a Kolakatan bengali.Durga puja is obviously one of them, yes we celebrate durga puja all over the world but being in kolkata at the time of pujo is simply an out of the world feeling. No matter how 'gumsum' you are your surroundings will make you smile even if that is for a minute or two.And if you are bengali this will make sense to you a lot more..I know Gujratis in gujrat feel the same during Navratri celebration or marathis in Maharashtra during Ganesh Chaturthi celebration. Maybe she is true to some extent but in this global world I can see this notion is changing. Here everyone can feel at home in every corner of the world. You can feel the same vibe of Durgapuja in California as you do in Kolkata and this is good..After all, these country,provinces theme is man made. The truth is we all belong to one world. So if every person can enjoy all the goodness of festivals celebrated throughout the world what can be better than that? Just like we like to enjoy different cuisines of the world lets enjoy and experience different festivals of this world..
                                                              Ok friends enough of my blabbering now lets reveal the soul reason for writting this post..As you can see the title today I am going to share with you Bengali style alur dom recipe..Now because this is the time of durga puja I am posting mainly bengali recipes. I made rajnandini pulao today and made this alur dom to accompany the dish.
This dish is made using less oil and has flavour which is slightly towards the milder side so this goes well with flavourful rice or pulao or veg biryani. You can also enjoy this with lachha paratha or kulcha or smoking hot lemon rice as well.


The golden hues of this dish comes from fried potatoes. If you want smoky flavour to this recipe you can fry the poppy seeds paste in little oil beforehand. To see rest of the recipe please click below.
Ending this post with one more click of this alur dom because I just love this creamy golden colour. See you soon. Happy festivals friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment