Thursday, 29 September 2016

Taler Labangalatika and Tal Sandesh/recipe of palm fritters and palm fudge

Hello foodie friends,
                              How are you all doing? Today i am going to share not one but two dessert recipes using same ingredients..Tal or sugar palm is the main character of today's food saga..:P The sunny yellow shade of tal pulplooks so inviting..Whatsay?

 .In the traditional recipe labangalatika stuffing is made with khoya and coconut but as I had a sugar palm fruit left after making enough tal er bora and tal khir so I thought of experimenting with another traditional bengali dessert labangalatika with palm stuffing.
 Actually the Sandesh was not in my agenda but after making labanga latika I had some stuffing left and as the stuffing was thick and perfect for making Sandesh I used my mould and made some sandesh as well. and these little sunny fudges became the perfect companion of our labangalatika and also apt for festivals not only for their rich taste but also for this bright yellow colour because in India yellow is the colour of merriment and celebration.

Another close up view of tal Sandesh...
 To make tal er labanga latika and taler sandesh you need,
Now to make these savoury sweets you don't need any special cooking skill. All you need to do is click on the video recipe follow the simple and make them in your own kitchen.

Before I end today's post here is the photo of how labangalatika looks when you cut it.. Simply droolworthy..Isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment